This is the home for FolkStation, the Isle of Wight Folk festivals.
In 2013 we are running a number of small events as fund-raisers, with the intention of bringing back the main festival in 2014. We will add news on the various events here as new things are planned:
- The regular folk club in the bar of the Portland Inn, Gurnard, continues on the first Friday of each month. This is a come-all-ye type of evening free to all. Hopefully we can help with fund raising for the festival.
- The next Portland night is Friday 6th December when there will be a Christmas raffle!
- We also have a combined Christmas evening with the Downland Folk Club, to be held at the Castle Inn, Newport, IW on Saturday 14th December. Nibbles will be provided, please make a donation towards costs on the night.
- The Island is rich in musical talent and venues where you can see musicians and dancers. For some of the other activities over the coming months see the various links on our "Other Island Events" page.
- You can keep in touch through our Facebook page as well.
Mike & Elaine