This is the home for FolkStation, the Isle of Wight Folk festivals.
We are running a number of small events as fund-raisers, with the intention of bringing back the main festival. We will add news on the various events here as new things are planned:
- The Cowes Food Show on Sunday September 14th, at Northwood House, Cowes was a great sucess, lots of people and Moonshine Border Morris got people involved all day. The Concord Ceilidh Band played all day but because the weather was really good, most visitors used a different route into the show so we were a bit lonely! Moonshine finished off their day by a display at Cowes Golf Club and 2 members did a fire walk for charity!
- The next event is Songs of the Sea at The Spyglass in Ventnor, Sat 20th and Sun 21st Sept. Tom Lewis headlines on Saturday. Hudson Sounds doing the sound engineering all weekend.
- The regular folk club in the bar of the Portland Inn, Gurnard, continues on the first Friday of each month. This is a come-all-ye type of evening free to all. Hopefully we can help with fund raising for the festival.
- Next Portland Inn folk night is Friday 3rd October (Portland Inn facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/portland.inn?fref=ts)
- The Island is rich in musical talent and venues where you can see musicians and dancers. For some of the other activities over the coming months see the various links on our "Other Island Events" page.
- You can keep in touch through our Facebook page as well.