This is the home for FolkStation, the Isle of Wight Folk festivals.
We are running a number of small events as fund-raisers, with the intention of bringing back the main festival. We will add news on the various events here as new things are planned:
- The regular folk club in the bar of the Portland Inn, Gurnard, continues on the first Friday of each month. This is a come-all-ye type of evening free to all. Hopefully we can help with fund raising for the festival.
- Next Portland Inn folk night is 2nd May (Portland Inn facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/portland.inn?fref=ts)
- FolkStation will also be sponsoring an evening to celebrate local talent of all sorts at the Gurnard Village May Festival. The date will be Saturday 3rd May 2014, in the evening. There will be a live stage and a chance to see the achievements of a range of people who have done something significant in their lives, as well as hear the live performances. More details soon including how to enter.
- The Island is rich in musical talent and venues where you can see musicians and dancers. For some of the other activities over the coming months see the various links on our "Other Island Events" page.
- You can keep in touch through our Facebook page as well.