This is the home for FolkStation, the Isle of Wight Folk festivals.
We are running a number of small events as fund-raisers, with the intention of bringing back the main festival. We will add news on the various events here as new things are planned:
- The regular folk club in the bar of the Portland Inn, Gurnard, continues on the first Friday of each month. This is a come-all-ye type of evening free to all. Hopefully we can help with fund raising for the festival.
- First aniversary of the Portland Folk Nights was a great success, lots of good singers and musicians as usual.
- Next Portland Inn folk night is 7th March (Portland Inn facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/portland.inn?fref=ts)
- We are helping to organise a barn dance to raise funds for the Royal British Legion on Fri 14th March on the Island. Exclusively for this event we have reformed The Concord Ceilidh Band so expect a very lively evening! This is a really worthwhile cause so please come along and support the event at The Riverside Centre, Newport Quay. Full details and how to get tickets are in the poster below and details of how to donate if you wish to, are on a Virgin Money web site:
- FolkStation will also be sponsoring an evening of music at the Gurnard Village May-day festival. The date will be Saturday 3rd May 2014, in the evening. The format is still being discussed so keep an eye on our Facebook page for more information.
- The Island is rich in musical talent and venues where you can see musicians and dancers. For some of the other activities over the coming months see the various links on our "Other Island Events" page.
- You can keep in touch through our Facebook page as well.